Things Stitched

August 30, 2006

Socks - 4th Pair

I've been wanting to try some self-stripping sock yarn, but of course Michael's does not carry anything like that. So, I placed an order with Knit Picks. I couldn't just order one, so I ordered enough yarn to make 2 sets of socks (plus some wool). I used the pattern from Knitting Socks Online Class, by Kristin. This was my 4th pair using her pattern. If you have not made socks yet, I suggest checking out her site. She has the best instructions and best pictures I've seen. I think I'm ready to try a different pattern now. I used Parade, sport weight. I bought 2 skeins at only $2.49 each. I used size 3 US double pointed needles. I used 2 sets. After I casted on my first sock, I casted on my second so I could start at the exact spot. I took turns knitting both socks, so I would finish them at the same time. I really wanted to make sure they matched. And they did!



I also bought some Simple Stripes, finger weight yarn. I think I'm going to try a "toe up" pattern so I don't run out of yarn. I only have 2 feet left from the first pair. Good thing I stopped the ribbing when I did! I'm also going to knit on size 1 US or 2 US, but I need to buy another set of one of them.